Spread Season Cheer With Exclusive Sneak Peek at Walt Disney Pictures'/Walden Media's 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe,'
World Premieres and More in a Slate of Entertainment From Thanksgiving Through Christmas Eve
Kids Call the Shots as They Direct Their Parents in the 'Holiday Extravaganza Pageant'
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Nov. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- This year the holidays are better with Starz Kids & Family. Start the season off with the "Thanksgiving Fantasy Feast" featuring exclusives from Walt Disney Pictures'/Walden Media's "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." Tune-in later in the season for the world television premieres of Walt Disney Pictures' "The Young Black Stallion" and "Pooh's Heffalump Movie." Finally, on Christmas Eve don't miss "Operation Santa" highlighting holiday hits. Throughout the season you'll also get to see the "Holiday Extravaganza Pageant" where the kids call the shots as they direct their parents in this fun-loving holiday tribute.
"This season our gift to our viewers is a family-friendly collection of exclusives, world television premieres and programming that everyone will enjoy, and that can only be seen on Starz Kids & Family," said David Charmatz, senior vice president of channel management for Starz Entertainment Group (SEG). "Don't miss the 'Holiday Extravaganza' either, to see kids take charge and call the shots as they direct their parents in a humorous pageant you'll never forget."
Starz Kids & Family will make your holiday better with the following events (all times are ET/PT):
- --"Thanksgiving Fantasy Feast": Join Starz Kids & Family for a 24-hour marathon beginning at 6 a.m. on November 24th that celebrates the theatrical release of Walt Disney Pictures'/Walden Media's "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." You'll see an exclusive 30 minute program featuring footage from the film, plus "On the Set: The Chronicles of Narnia," a behind-the-scenes look at the big screen adaptation of C.S. Lewis' classic novel "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe," the first book in the beloved series. Fantastical movies airing during the marathon include "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," "Around the World in 80 Days," "Peter Pan" and "Thunderbirds."
- --World Television Premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' "The Young Black Stallion": The prequel to the 1979 motion pictures classic, "The Black Stallion," comes to life for the first time on television Sunday, November 27th at 7 p.m. This tale follows the adventures of a young girl named Neera, who becomes separated from her family and finds herself alone in the desert. When a wild stallion comes to her aid, the two form a special bond, and the horse helps Neera to return home to her Grandfather.
- --World Television Premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' "Pooh's Heffalump Movie": Get ready to meet the newest member of the Hundred Acre Wood in the television premiere of "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" December 11th at 7 p.m. and additional times throughout the month. In this grand scale animated adventure Pooh and the gang discover things aren't always as they appear as they go on an adventure in search of the mysterious Heffalump.
Following the film, see two music videos from the movie: "The Horribly Hazardous Heffalumps!" performed by Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet, Roo and Carly Simon; and "Shoulder to Shoulder" performed by Carly Simon and the Heffalump Chorus.
- --"Operation Santa": Spend Christmas Eve snuggled up with some great holiday films, plus track the progress of Santa and his reindeer as they make their way around the globe. Movies featured include "Santa Clause 2," "Elf," "Nuttiest Nutcracker," "Hollywood Christmas" and "Christmas on Division Street." Go online to http://www.starzkidsfamily.com to track the progress of Santa and his reindeer as they make their way around the globe delivering gifts for boys and girls.
- --"Holiday Extravaganza Pageant": The kids call the shots in this one-of- a-kind holiday pageant as they direct their parents in a performance of the original song, "The Holidays Are Better with Starz Kids & Family," that will warm your heart and keep you laughing.
Starz Kids & Family is for the young and the young at heart. Movies all families can enjoy.
Starz Entertainment Group LLC (SEG) is the largest provider of premium movie services in the United States with approximately 179 million pay units. SEG offerings include the Starz Encore Movie Pack with 13 digital movie channels and more than 750 movies per month, Starz HDTV, Starz On Demand, and Starz Ticket, an on-demand premium Internet movie subscription service available on the broadband platform. Starz Entertainment Group is a wholly- owned subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation, http://www.starz.com.
Starz Entertainment Group
The Lippin Group
SOURCE Starz Entertainment Group LLC
Web Site: http://www.starz.com http://www.starzkidsfamily.com